Christian tears down and beheads Satan shrine in Iowa Capitol

https://archive.is/2AwPl

Michael Cassidy, a Christian and former military officer, tore down and beheaded a Satanist altar erected in the Iowa Capitol as the display provoked nationwide controversy, The Sentinel has exclusively learned.

Cassidy cited 1 John 3:8 as an additional motivation for his destruction of the statue: “The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.” He noted that “Scripture exhorts us to think and act like Jesus Christ.”

This is shameful. I don’t think Jesus would literally destroy a statue like that; He did flip over the tables of the money changers in his own faith’s temple (Matthew 21).

I mean he was a criminal who used Christian motivation.

I don’t think this kind of thing exactly warrants “Christian news.” A weirdo vandalized a legal display and that sucks but sometimes I think there’s this impulse to shine a spotlight on the bad actors to try to prove we’re “not one of them” but that doesn’t ring nearly as true as just… living the Gospel loudly and proudly.

For anyone wondering, the display was a publicity stunt intended to protest explicitly religious displays on government property, not a legitimate attempt to worship Satan.

1 Like